Sofa.com has been growing in leaps and bounds over the past few years, and we’re after highly motivated, creative, and talented people to come and join us.
Every role within the company is busy and varied with plenty of opportunity to develop your key skills over time. Our fun and friendly staff are all part of one big sofa.com family, so why not come and join us?
Take a look below to see what roles are available...
Showroom Manager - Islington
We are looking for a positive, fun, reliable and experienced Showroom Manager to join and lead our brilliant team in our Islington Showroom!
As a Showroom Manager, you will motivate, support and inspire the team to ensure that the showroom runs smoothly! You should have a strong business acumen, a can-do attitude and work well with all other departments. As a Showroom Manager it is important that you are a strong brand ambassador for sofa.com and ensure that all your team are delivering the best customer service every day.
We’re looking for someone who is determined and passionate about delivering the best customer service while motivating and inspiring their team. You’ll need to have managerial experience within a creative and customer focused retail store, and be super organised with great communication skills. It is crucial that you can delegate tasks throughout the day to your team and ensure that every customer is happy.
If you enjoy rewarding and varied work, keeping your days busy and having many opportunities for career advancement and growth, then you may have found your calling!
Please email a copy of your CV and a cover letter explaining why you would be perfect for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Area Manager Sofa.com
Do you want to be part of a fun, motivated team working in a company that is rapidly expanding across the UK? We are looking for an experienced Area Manager to oversee 3 of our world-class showrooms within the UK (across Scotland and Northern England) with the possibility of acquiring more stores as the company expands.
Who we’re looking for:
A confident, commercially astute, highly organised and ambitious person with a friendly, ‘can do’ attitude and a passion for delivering excellent customer service. You will be responsible for the efficient and smooth running of the showrooms under your remit, with a key focus on maximising sales and showroom profitability paying particular attention to maintaining and building on customer service and operational standards, maximising brand image, enhancing team development and providing inspirational leadership and support to the teams you manage.
You enjoy working with and leading a team of talented and motivated individuals, in a growing business with a multi-million pound annual turnover.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- Meet and exceed sales targets and increase profits
- Analyse all reports and commercial information available to help improve the performance of showrooms
- Exhibit a comprehensive understanding of the full range of commercial metrics (CR, AOV, sales targets, footfall, dwell time etc)
- Understand fully the omni-channel nature of the business and all associated sales channels and functions, and strive to optimise this omni-channel capacity throughout the business
- Identify current retail trends, monitor competitor activity, reporting and responding where appropriate
- Inspire and lead showroom managers to ensure impeccable standards are established and maintained in all stores across all channels, including administration, housekeeping, systems and operational procedure
- Provide feedback to management and VM manager on the merchandising standards in store, highlighting opportunities and development areas
- Nurture and develop a culture of exceptional customer service by ensuring that all teams adhere to company guidelines and expectations as laid out in the mystery shopper reports and training guides
- Build strong and professional relationships with each manager and assistant manager, providing leadership, guidance and support through regular store visits
- Previous experience in an area management role managing high performance sales teams
- Experience in the furniture retail sector (preferable but not essential)
- An ability to understand and analyse sales performance metrics
- Strong communication and team management skills
- Analytical skills with a problem-solving attitude
- As an Area Manager, your days will be busy and varied. You will be based predominantly within our Glasgow showroom, but will be required to travel regularly to oversee the stores within your remit and for HO visits
- A passion for customer service and ability to work under pressure
It’s a varied and rewarding role, working for a company that is growing fast and with great potential to advance further within the role and company. Why not come and be part of it?
How to apply:
Please send your CV to us at email@example.com with the subject “Area Manager/Multi-site Manager” and let us know why you would be well suited for this role.
Store Manager, Chelsea
At Sofa.com we believe that everyone deserves great home furnishings and excellent service from people who are passionate about interiors, so that’s exactly what we provide. With in-house teams from the design development stage right through to our delivery drivers – we can be sure we’re giving our customers a truly unique shopping experience and providing a working environment that inspires and motivates our teams to sell our lovely products.
As the store manager, you will be responsible for inspiring the team to achieve a wonderful on-brand shopping experience and to help deliver brand awareness locally. You will be a brand ambassador, always representing sofa.com at the highest level.
You should be an experienced manager, ideally within the interiors industry. You should have a strong business acumen, and be commercially focused and driven to help your team drive sales in the showroom. Having good organisational and delegation skills will allow you to effectively manage your day as well as your team.
You will ensure the smooth day to day running of the showroom by supporting your team in:
- Welcoming every customer so they feel at home and relaxed, whilst encouraging them to spend time in the store and browse our range
- Maintain our world-class showroom standards and visual merchandising in store
- Processing customer orders as well as writing daily, weekly and monthly reports to distribute to your team and senior management
- Conduct monthly meetings with your team as well as performance reviews with permanent team members
- Regularly assess competitor activity within the sector and establish its impact on your showroom’s performance and trading
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a company and brand that is growing and developing, offering some great opportunities to further your skillset and career.
If this role sounds like something that would fit you well, send your CV over to firstname.lastname@example.org as well as a brief cover letter explaining why you would be perfect for the job and we will be in touch soon.
Store Manager, Glasgow
Do you want to lead and be part of a fun, motivated team working in arguably the coolest showroom in the city? We are looking for a store manager on a full time basis to lead and inspire an amazing team . You must be passionate, driven, inspiring and totally committed to offering the best customer service possible.
As the showroom manager, you will be expected to motivate and inspire the team to achieve a wonderful on-brand shopping experience, to help deliver brand awareness locally and act as a brand ambassador, representing sofa.com to the highest standard. We require you to have business acumen, be super organised and have excellent leadership and communication skills. In addition to this, you will ensure the smooth day to day running of the showroom.
It’s a busy and varied job, working for a competitive salary and a fun company that is growing fast. Why not come and be part of it?
Please email us at email@example.com using the subject ‘Glasgow showroom manager -sofa.com’ and let us know why you would be perfect for this job!
Join the delivery team (Cat. B or Cat. C/C1)
We’re looking for a skilled driver to join our fun and motivated delivery team at sofa.com. Based in our Hayes warehouse in Greater London, you will take on a varied role, making deliveries in and around London or across the UK one day, and doing a shift at our warehouse the next. As the final point of face-to-face contact with our customers, the role requires you to be presentable, punctual, possess good English speaking skills, and be physically fit and healthy. We’re looking for a team player who enjoys exceeding customer expectations by delivering a great service to them. Our delivery schedule is dictated by the volume of sales; your hours will be flexible so you’ll need to be too – available at short notice and living no more than 10 miles from the UB3 postcode area. You must be 21 years of age or over for vehicle insurance purposes, and it is essential that you have experience, a full UK driving license in Cat. B or Cat. C/C1, and a digital card. Full training will be given on site at our warehouse along with a driving assessment. If you are ambitious, reliable, and think you fit the bill then we would love to hear from you. Simply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know in no more than 50 words why you think you would be perfect for the job.